Gold Run was founded in 1854 by O. W. Hollenbeck and
originally called Mountain Springs. Famed for its hydraulic
mines which from 1865 to 1878 shipped $6,125,000 in gold. Five
large water ditches passed through the town serving the mining
companies which had to cease operations in 1882 when state law
was passed prohibiting hydraulic mining.
Map of Gold Run, CA US